Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Young women's


I am LOVING being in the young women's program of our church. I love getting to know all the girls, planning activities with them, and having fun with them at mutual on Wednesday nights. I am the first counselor in the presidency and I also love teaching to them all. They teach me too and are such great examples to me. Last month we had our young women's and excellence awards night for the young women to share projects they have completed in the personal progress program. We made it an oscar theme and had a blast planning it out. Each girl is a star and showed up on a red carpet to display their work, was photographed by the paparazzi, received awards for special talents they have, and we ended the evening with sparkling ciders and movie treats. 

The invites and programs






Movie treats
And sparkling cider , luckily we had my friend Damita to help pop the corks, she was a pro having worked at a bar before in New York before she became a member of the church :) 
The girls looked beautiful dressed in their fanciest clothes and were so excited to be treated like stars. As the twinkle lights shined overhead I couldn't have been more proud of all their hard work, service and talents as they accepted their "oscars."  

No comments :