Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day!

Yesterday was the best mother's day. Boy was I spoiled! How can I be loved this much? The day started with me waking up to the smell of Jake's famous french toast....and Jonathon screaming downstairs haha. I woke up to a wonderful and yummy breakfast made just for me, some beautiful pinkish/orange roses, a beautiful pink box of See's chocolate's, a very special card from Jake and Jonathon with Jonathon's footprint inside. And a cute pair of hot pink sandals from Jake :) After breakfast and gifts Jake and Jonathon rubbed my feet, Jonathon more or less was pulling my toes. Jake let me take two naps and a nice long shower. After my shower I sat in my pink robe and read the new conference edition ensign talk from M. Russell Ballard on Mothers while Jake fed me chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider. Amid the yummy strawberries I was brought so much peace while reading this talk. I made a challenge for myself to really try and enjoy each little moment with Jonathon and this pregnancy. Like the author he quoted who said she wished she could remember what her children looked like when they were asleep and what they talked about at lunch rather than hurrying throughout the day with so many activities and wanting it just to be bed time already. I do fall in to that, looking at the clock wanting it to be bed time. Jonathon won't be little for long and I know like a flash he will be big boy. So I will try to enjoy each small moment. Reading that article really made me feel special on a special day. Below are some pictures of our morning and the later of Jonathon running around crazy with all his boy cousins at Jake's parents house. Fun night we had, I was spoiled over there too! Oh, and thanks to Rebecca in my ward for the great oreo truffle idea, I made them for Jake's family and they were a hit!


I'm smelling the french toast not eating it with no hands :)
Jonathon riding around in his rocket my dad sent him last week, he has this new hat fetish, especially with my dad's goofy hat!
now he's wearing dad's hat.... and has learned how to say yee haw!
Jonathon screaming out of excitement while playing with his cousins at grandma's house

2 comments :

Tammy and Mark said...

I was touched by your entry. I need to read that talk! I too need to take a little more time, just enjoying the kids. I am glad you had such a great day.

Brooke and Brian said...

Awe! I miss that house and playing in it! We used to play hide and go seek and sardines and all sorts of other games in that house. You should ask Jake! It was so fun!